Sunday, September 19, 2010

Milestone

Something is different about you tonight... I can't quite put my finger on it. Don't hide, let me guess!
Ohhhhhh! Case finally lost a tooth!
The boy who can not abide a loose string on his socks without picking at it, who worries at the scabs on his knees until we have to duct tape pants on over the bandaids, who must have short fingernails lest he carve pieces out of his nose and ears, absolutely refused to touch his loose tooth. It has been wiggly for over a week. Finally tonight while we were all snuggled on the couch together watching "Ponyo" the next tooth pushed it clean from his gums, in the least traumatic tooth loss ever. He reached into his mouth, and handed the tiny denticle to me, hardly moving his eyes from the little red fish on screen.

6 comments:

rachel said...

That is so incredibly sweet! Hooray for Case!

Jill T said...

That first picture is so so cute of him!
Rob always wanted to make a bracelet out of his old teeth...just an idea. :)

Lara said...

Number 1- Jill, that is gross and you should never make a bracelet out of Rob's, or your children's teeth.

Number 2- Case does look adorable and happy, the next tooth is practically already in!

rockwoodimages said...

I can't believe he didn't want to pull it out himself. I have seen him with a lose string on his pants! His smiles are making me smile. At least you know the rest of the teeth when they come out won't be a problem for him.

deb said...

I lovingly saved all my kid's teeth in an old prescription bottle.
Just ran across it the other day.
Kinda weird---but I have this strong desire to hold onto them.

erin said...

I have the little tooth in my medicine bag :)