Saturday, December 24, 2011

Zoo Christmas, Retconned

Christmas lights and Santa at the Zoo.



We were early, and there on a Thursday, so there was no one else there to see Santa yet. No line, no time pressure, perfect for Case. So Case is being peppered with impossible questions, like his name and age and what he wants for Christmas. Case says nothing but giggles, so eventually I said that he was non-verbal and probably couldn't answer that. As children want nothing more than to make their parents look stupid, it is that exact second that Wonder-child pipes up with "the candycane has white stripes!" Santa and the volunteers all chuckled.
"Sounds pretty verbal to me."
I shake my head and laugh too, and internally comfort myself with the knowledge that he still couldn't answer any of their questions.

No comments: