Friday, March 29, 2013

Egg Drop

 Case's class had an egg drop this last week in science.  We used spray foam insulation, as did my father before me. 
 I let Case fill it up, which he enjoyed tremendously.  And excessively.  Since the can is a one-time use item anyway, you might as well go crazy.
 Not shown:  the giant (basketball sized) glob of foam glued to the garage floor where it burst from the top and dripped off the work bench. 
 We trimmed it to size, added a very technical duct-tape closure, and sent it off to school. 
 We also discussed the possibility of using left overs for Crazy Hat Day.
 The big moment...

Triumph!

4 comments:

Rockwood said...

I guess you found out that little piece of plastic you had down on the garage floor wasn't even close to enough! Acetone cleans it up pretty good. MEK does too, but hard to find and not real friendly stuff.

It looks like he had fun - and it worked!

Lara said...

That was the best egg protector, I think you, Cody, and I all used it. I can only assume Jill did too. I love that yours is pretty much exactly the same.

rachel said...

Awesome!
I feel like the only kid in the world who never did this experiment.
Genius solution.

Jill T said...

Apparently my science teacher didn't think of doing this with her students. :) That or we didn't have any 2 story buildings to make it doable.
Way to go Case!