Friday, October 15, 2010

Hiking

Marc and Case both had Monday off, in celebration of Exploration Day (my made-up alternative to Columbus Day) so we decided to do some exploring of our own. We drove out to Wetumpka to hike on the Swayback Bridge Trail. We hiked the 2.5 mile loop, during which Case asked if we could get in the car approximately every 9 feet. He was reasonably pleasant about it though.
Half way we stopped for a string cheese break. This did improve morale, but this was still the closest we got to a smile. He did occasionally voluntarily hold hands though!
a rare and copasetic giftSwayback is primarily a bike trail, and seems like it would be a lot of fun to do. Case is going to need some more rugged style training wheels though.
There was really only one downside to the hike--the next day I found a tick, on me.
There are no pictures of this marvelous event because there was a tick on me and it needed to come off immedidately, or sooner.
Sure, I'll take a camera to the ER and photograph my bleeding child, but I'm not waiting to get the tick off.
(It's not like I was delaying his care, we were waiting for triage, or to see a doctor, every time.)
So if the mental scarring fades while we still are in the area we may go back some time.

Who wants to visit!

3 comments:

~SHERI said...

Wetumpka! That is where Ryan's family lived for a bit while we were all in Florida. We did the Coosa in a kayak a couple times. We fell out a lot.

Jill T said...

Why are we always coming or going from filth? Why can't we go someplace nice like Bermuda or the Bahamas?

rockwoodimages said...

I hate ticks. We have quite a few here and we check everyday to make sure we don't have any on us. White socks and white shirts makes it easier, but they will get you if they want!