Sunday, February 6, 2011

February already?

Records show that this is the only time I've been quiet for an entire month on this blog. That is mostly because things have been so busy here, and when I wasn't running at full speed I didn't really feel like writing. The very biggest part of this is that a month ago Marc left for San Antonio, for training before going to Afghanistan. We had very little notice before he left, so we were quite busy until he left. We were very blessed that Marc had a 4 day weekend in between training in San Antonio and the rotater leaving for the Rock Pile, so Case and I flew out to meet him and spent a few quiet days together. We'll sum up the trip photo montage style.
(San Antonio, by the way? So pretty. I bet it is just beautiful in the spring.)

Children's museum, where we played in the giant interactive ball vaccuum pit for hours
Saw the Alamo!  No basement, but I guess we already knew that.Rode a train, that absolutely delighted Case. He is still talking about how the Conductor actually yelled All Aboard.So handsome!Case talked with this bird for an hour.Case's friend.  Also,my new lense is awesome.Also fell in love with the Green Mamba.  The bird was a better choice.Rawr!

So, more catching up with this extremely busy month in the next week or so, when I'm not chasing my own tail.

3 comments:

rockwoodimages said...

Those are great pictures. It looks like a great few days. Marc looks pretty sharp in his uniform. Tell him our prayers are always with him.
See you next month!

deb said...

Great pictures! Looks like you and Case had a fun weekend.
Love the family portrait

Lara said...

Thanks for the update. I love the pics of him smiling at the snake and peeking over the fence. That ball drop thing looks awesome.
I'm so excited to see you two, one month to go!
Love you guys
Lara