Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mardi Gras

Case and I went to the Millbrook Mardi Gras parade just to see the firetrucks, and we were not disappointed.
I think all the local trucks were there to open the parade, sirens screaming. Case was delighted. They threw candy out the open back door of ambulances. Good thing nothing caught on fire Saturday.This was my favorite part of the whole parade.There were some surprise bonuses that Case loved too. We saw some horses, which seemed good natured considering the noise and crowds.
Tubas! (Really, Case was ecstatic to see the tubas.)

And of course no Mardi Gras parade is complete without big creepy paper mache heads. These small local celebrations seem to me 100 times more fun than a big crowded parade in a city (but that's me). I think we even had more fun at this one that we did with the Navarre Krewe. Let the good times roll!

3 comments:

Lara said...

Is that dog wearing sunglasses? If so, that is also my favorite part of the parade.
It cracks me up that Case likes Tubas. Once at work I saw a baby named Tuba. Somehow, I don't think she will grow up to be petite and delicate.
See you in one week!

deb said...

Next week is the Mardi Gras celebration in Snowmass. Which means as you ride up the chairs, you will see sparkly beads and lacy panties festooning the aspens. We also have a parade in the SM mall, but I've never seen any tubas-it would be impossible to play them if it were to snow.
See you & Case next week !!

Pat said...

Erin I don't comment very often but thanks for all the postings. You have helped me explain all the questions (what is a lawyer doing the rock pile etc) So Case loves Tubas! Sounds like the PERFECT Christmas present. Mel gave Marcus a kazoo and some drums once and I nearly killed Mel....