Saturday, March 12, 2011

Ball pit

There is a ball pit in Case's special needs class. It is a great place to help support some of the kids with very poor muscle tone, and the autism kids find it soothing.
When we leave his mainstream class in the morning Case frequently dives in to relax a bit and soothe before he starts speech. This makes me incredibly jealous. I could use a few minutes in the ball pit after I've spent the morning as Case's assistant/tutor. More than once I've come home from school debating ordering a couple thousand balls and a giant bin.

Yes, that is a microscope my little nerd kid is snuggling.

5 comments:

rachel said...

What a genius idea to have in class!! Heck, I'm jealous! How fun, and what a great picture :)

erin said...

Rachel - if you want someting to be jealous about, we are here now and get to see Erin and Case in person! We are heading to the beach tomorrow and have some fun in weather warmer than we have had since October.

rockwoodimages said...

Rachel - that last message was from Deb and I. I guess we were still signed in on erins account. Rocky

rachel said...

I AM so jealous!!! You're all going to have such a great time!

Natalie said...

We bought a bunch of balls for the tramp and the kids love it. No quite the same effect...hmmm...maybe we need to get more!! We miss you guys! I hope you are doing well!