Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Camping

he is happier than he looks here Recently Case and I had the pleasure of camping at a large base campout. I was a little nervous going in, but was reassured knowing I can strike my tent in under 5 minutes. Worse case scenario I have to pack it up by headlamp and drive home 20 minutes in the middle of the night. But things could not have turned out better. There was a movie projected on a big inflatable screen that Case had not seen before but still tolerated with enough pizza. He like peek-a-booing me and my geographically single mom friends from the tent as we kicked around in camp chairs and talked very late into the night. And eventually he slept well, even though he took up more than his fare share of our little tent.

Breakfast included donuts-another score!

Our friends brought fishing gear, and the boys kindly shared with Case. He actually caught something! Helen was casting it out and letting him reel it in, and he pulled in the line with a tiny crappie hanging on to his hot dog bait (but not the hook) with his teeth. It let go, but not before Case got to see.

The sky did get pretty threatening, but waited to rain two inches until we got home Since then we've been in the area of FamCamp and Case asked about the tent, so we'll start planning our next outdoor adventure soon.

1 comment:

deb said...

Looks like you two had a perfect camp trip---It cracks me up that Case brought his alarm clock.