Friday, April 22, 2011

New best friend

Case found a new amazing bug this morning while I was unloading his bike from the car. "Caterpillar!" he shouted with delight. Not quite a caterpillar, just the biggest millipede I've ever seen in the wild. Because I am insane and he was nearly at tears when I made him put it down so we could ride/run, I did a crazy thing. I emptied a water bottle (his, not mine) and put the bug in there to wait for him in the car. He rode and asked about the bug any time he wasn't whining.

Now we're at home and he and the millipede are having a great time. "Da bug onna piano! Say hi doa clock bug! Lookita bug's eyebrows!" He takes the bug to crawl on the fishtank, the tv. The bug is on my kitchen counter. Now he's in our singing bowl. So long as the bug stays the hell away from my bedroom we will all be ok.

5 comments:

rockwoodimages said...

Does that thing turn into something else or is it full grown? If it gets any bigger it will need a name for sure!

Pat said...

At least bugs make cheap pets! No annoying trips for grooming.

Jill T said...

bleh! That is true love erin.

Rob wanted me to include some menu items for the house guest.
http://www.anapsid.org/inverts.html

Good luck!

Lara said...

um, gross.
I love that kid. I would never touch any sort of pede. You better have not let him sleep with it.

~SHERI said...

Eeeewwwww. I am not afraid of many things. First, zombies. Second, that. Eww.