Saturday, June 19, 2010

Art

Case and I have been working hard since school got out, keeping busy every day with our fun tasks. He writes every day, despite not being that excited about it. I can't blame him though; he is not at a place where writing rewards him very much. He does love smile faces though, so we are building off that (we've branched out to pumpkins now!)

This picture comes from our chore chart-we earned a smile face for making cookies!Despite his complaints, he is getting better at the alphabet. He can do almost all the letters on command! Only the J, K, N and Y need help now (letters with dots next to them were assisted). I lovelovelove the "E"- I remember doing them the exact same way. We do try lots of different mediums to keep it interesting. Today we pulled out the watercolors. Actually painting wasn't half as interesting though,as changing the color of the water.

2 comments:

rockwoodimages said...

I remember you making your E's like that too. I think Lara did the same. What a cute picture of him mixing the water. I love that smile. We miss you guys, I can't wait to watch him do the alphabet in person!

Jill T said...

That is so cool! What a great way to earn smile faces. I love that you guys up stakes and make them pumpkin smile faces. I'll bet he'll be excited to do pumpkins for Halloween this year.
I love the E and the I and the S. If the S had a personality it would be like Rico Swave or some groovy guy with chest hair poking out of his shirt.
That is definitely a sheet to keep!