Saturday, February 21, 2009

Mardi Gras

Today Case and I headed to Navarre for a Mardi Gras parade. It was a hard situation for Case, with lots of people, but he was really good. Besides, it's good for him to stretch himself. We didn't clean up like some kids who dance around and wave (Case was the most somber person there), but we did get plenty of shiny beads. Near the end Case even wore some (the first time some guy in a feather boa tried to drop some around his neck he had to bury his face in my neck for a few minutes to regain his composure). But he was sweet and polite and kindly never ran away, which is as good as it gets.

These photos, sadly, will probably not make it in my portfolio for the Pulitzer. It is amazingly difficult to take good photos with a baby toddler giant huge child in your arms.

1 comment:

The Lamb Family said...

I love the picture of the two of you :) Looks like you got quite a few beads! I'm impressed you got any pictures at all...I can never get ANY when I take Ella somewhere by myself...too busy chasing her and stopping tantrums..LOL