Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekend

We had a great weekend! The weather was finally nice (60!) and we spent hours outside.
Case loves kicking the ball around, which is such a change from last year's Pee Wee Soccer catastrophe.
It is so much fun to have games to play with him!
While indoors we had a great time batting around a big heavy punching bag balloon. I wish I had been able to catch his face of total happiness when he whacks the balloon. Every time he hits it he squeaks with excitement. The game is punctuated with bossy instructions ("frow to da mommy!) and big belly laughs. We played with this balloon for hours, making the package of 4 the best $2 I have ever spent.Not a lot of chores got done this weekend, but I don't mind for a second.

6 comments:

rockwoodimages said...

What great fun. There is no better way to work with a kid on catching and hitting than with a balloon. It is perfect! Wish I was there!! love dad

Jill T said...

That's awesome! Hurray for motor planning!

Lara said...

He looks like he is having a great time!

rachel said...

He looks so happy! And tall!! Did Case have another growth spurt?! What a great great weekend.

DBK said...

great fun, as I recall his dad's first foray into soccer was not all that great but the ballons sure look like fun times!!

~SHERI said...

I've got to get me some of those balloons....